I’m proud to call Arizona home. My husband, Ben, and I are both native Arizonans with deep roots in our community. We raised our two children in North Central Phoenix where they had the opportunity to attend great neighborhood public schools and later pursued undergraduate degrees at Arizona state universities. I’ve worked hard over the years as a volunteer in our schools and in the community to make Arizona a better place for children and families. As your State Representative, I continue to fight for public education and educational and economic opportunity for all.
My husband and I are small business owners. I have had years of experience helping to manage all aspects of our family’s dental practice. I've helped our business navigate changing economic and regulatory environments -- and gained experience that has served me well in our State Legislature.
Arizona has largely recovered from the Great Recession. We must elect leaders who will take this opportunity to re-examine our priorities and allocate our resources effectively. In order to remain competitive and attract new business, it is imperative that funding be responsibly restored to public education, from pre-K through college. Crucial infrastructure projects and maintenance throughout the state have been neglected during our economic downturn – now is the time for wise investment in Arizona’s future.
I understand the challenges facing our state today. As your State Representative, I work to find responsible solutions that help hardworking families and move our state forward.
- Arizona native, raised in Scottsdale, attended Cocopah Elementary, Chaparral High School and the University of Arizona
- Married for 26 years to Ben Butler, a fifth generation Arizona native
- Two sons - Colin, a graduate of the University of Arizona and Cameron, a graduate of Northern Arizona University
- Office Manager/Owner of Butler Family Dental in Glendale, Arizona
- Office Manager for a San Francisco real estate investment and management firm
- Executive Assistant to the Managing Director of a national healthcare consulting firm
- Northern Arizona University Parent Leadership Council, Board Member
- Madison Education Foundation, Executive Board Member
- Brophy College Preparatory, Committee Chair
- Madison Simis Elementary and Madison Meadows Middle School, PTA Executive Committees and Site-Based Management Teams
- Madison Meadows Middle School, PTA President
- North Central's Palmer Estate's Homeowner's Association, President
- Boys' Team Charity, Cactus League, Philanthropy Liaison to Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center
- CrossRoads Preschool, Phoenix, Board Member